This Small Pond Kit by Aquascape comes complete with all of the necessary parts to help you build a beautiful ecosystem pond in your backyard or outdoor landscape. All required components are packaged together to ensure you complete your project without second-guessing.
The included skimmer and BioFalls provide efficient mechanical and biological filtration, allowing you to spend more time enjoying your pond.
Includes the Aquascape innovative Automatic Water Treatment System, reducing maintenance and allowing you more time to enjoy your water feature.
The Aquascape Small Pond Kit Includes:
- New Signature Series 400 Pond Skimmer
- BioFalls 1000 Filter with Rock Tray and BioBalls
- AquaSurge 3000 Water Pump
- Automatic Water Treatment Dosing System for Ponds
- 25 feet of 2" Flexible PVC Pipe
- 12 Feet x 15 Feet 45 mil EPDM Fish-Safe Pond Liner and Geotextile underlayment
- Pump Check Valve Assembly, all necessary fittings, silicone sealants and installation kit
- Welcome starter kit - maintenance treatments, instructions, support materials, video demonstrations and USB manual
- Staple Fish Food pellets
The Aquascape Ecosystem Approach
Includes the use of both a biological and a mechanical filter.
- A Biofalls provides surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize and remove excess nutrients from the water
- A Skimmer will pre-filter the water and house the pump, collecting surface debris and reducing pond maintenance
Rocks and Gravel
Rocks and gravel not only protect pond liners, they also provide tremendous surface area for beneficial bacteria to break down excess nutrients in the water.
The proper size pump is important for the aesthetics of a water feature. More importantly, an efficient circulation system will keep the water moving and provide the necessary oxygen levels for healthy fish and plants.
Fish are an integral part of any ecosystem, grazing on string algae and bottom feed from the pond floor. They also make very enjoyable pets, providing hours of natural entertainment.
Mother Nature's true filters, plants are great for adding character to a pond by providing color and texture. Aquatic plants are critical for the overall health of the ecosystem, thriving from excess nutrients in a pond and depriving algae of its food source.